An armor enchantment that increases underwater movement speed is known as Death Strider in Minecraft.
Every level reduces the quantity water slows the player by ⅓, including reducing the speed at which flowing water pushes the player when standing still. An armor stand carrying armor enchanted with Death Strider in Minecraft also moves more slowly when being pushed by water.
Level 3 lets the player swim as fast as walking ashore. Any higher level has no effect on speed. Also at level 3, a speed potion affects the player’s swimming an equivalent as walking.
Death Strider in Minecraft can normally be applied only to boots. However, using commands, the enchantment still works if applied to other sorts of armor (such as a helmet).
Death Strider in Minecraft Supported Platforms
The Death Strider in Minecraft enchantment is out there within the following versions of Minecraft:
Platform Supported (Version*)
Java Edition (PC/Mac) Yes (1.8)
Pocket Edition (PE) Yes
Xbox 360 Yes
Xbox One Yes
Wii U Yes
Nintendo Switch Yes
Windows 10 Edition Yes
Education Edition Yes
* The version that was added or removed, if applicable.
NOTE: pocketbook (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition. we’ll still show them individually for version history.
Background Death Strider in Minecraft
The Death Strider in Minecraft enchantment accelerates how briskly you’ll move underwater.
You can add the Death Strider in Minecraft enchantment to boots using a fascinating table, anvil, or game command. Then you’ll have to wear enchanted boots to realize the development of underwater movement speed.
The maximum level for the Death Strider in Minecraft enchantment is Level 3. This suggests that you simply can enchant an item with up to Depth Strider III. the upper the extent , the more powerful the enchantment.
Enchantment Name- Depth Strider
Min Level-Level 1 (Depth Strider I)
Max Level-Level 3 (Depth Strider III)
Description-accelerates how briskly you’ll move underwater
Applies To- Boots
How to add Enchantment
1. Enchanting Table
3. /enchant command
In Minecraft, the Death Strider in Minecraft enchantment can’t be combined with the subsequent enchantments:
- Frost Walker
Items to Enchant with Death Strider in Minecraft
You’ll enchant the subsequent items with Death Strider in Minecraft:
- How to Make an Enchanted Book
- How to Make Diamond Boots
- How to Make Golden Boots
- How to Make Iron Boots
- How to Make Leather Boots
- How to Make Chain Boots
- How to Make Netherite Boots
- How to Make Dyed Leather Boots
Wear the Enchanted Boots
- Once you’ve got boots that are enchanted with Depth Strider, you would like to wear the enchanted boots. you’ll not gain the improved underwater movement speed until the boots are worn.
- Move the boots with Depth Strider from your inventory to your character’s boots box.
- You will see your character’s appearance change because the boots are worn.
- Now that you simply are wearing the enchanted boots on your feet, you’ll be much faster at moving underwater.
- Congratulations, you only learned all about the Depth Strider enchantment in Minecraft.