In This Minecraft tutorial you will learn on how to make a smoker in Minecraft with explanation via screenshots with step-by-step instructions. The smoker in Minecraft is another important item in your inventory which is in use to cook food items in the game, as similar as to a furnace. But the only difference it holds is that it cooks food twice faster than a furnace.
Smoker in Minecraft Supported Platforms:
A smoker is available in following different versions of Minecraft.
Platform Supported (Version*)
Java Edition (PC/Mac) Yes (1.14)
Pocket Edition (PE) Yes (1.11.0)
Xbox 360 No
Xbox One Yes (1.11.0)
PS4 Yes (1.91)
Wii U No
Nintendo Switch Yes (1.11.0)
Windows 10 Edition Yes (1.11.0)
Education Edition Yes (1.12.0)
Materials required to make a smoker:
- 1 Furnace
- 4 Oak Logs
- 4 Spruce Logs
- 4 Birch Logs
- 4 Jungle Logs
- 4 Acacia Logs
- 4 Dark Oak Logs
- 4 Stripped Oak Wood
- 4 Stripped Spruce Wood
- 4 Stripped Birch Wood
- 4 Stripped Jungle Wood
- 4 Stripped Acacia Wood
- 4 Stripped Dark Oak Wood
- 4 Oak Wood with Bark
- 4 Spruce Wood with Bark
- 4 Birch Wood with Bark
- 4 Jungle Wood with Bark
- 4 Acacia Wood with Bark
- 4 Dark Oak Wood with Bark
How to make a Smoker in Minecraft in Survival Mode
- Open the crafting table: For most, you will need to open your crafting table with the 3×3 crafting grid that looks like the picture shown below.
- Add items to make a smoker: In the crafting menu, a crafting area that is made up of a 3×3 crafting grid will be displayed on the screen. To craft/make a smoker in Minecraft, 1 furnace to be placed and 4 wood, logs or stripped logs in the 3×3 crafting grid.
While crafting with wood, any kind of wood could be used, be it oak, spruce, birch, jungle, acacia or dark oak. In this example tutorial, we prefer using oak wood.
While making a smoker, it is important to consider the furnace and wood blocks to be placed in the exact pattern as the image shown below. In the first row, it should be 1 oak wood in the middle box.
In the second row, it should be 1 oak wood in the first box, 1 furnace in the second box, and 1 oak wood in the third box. In the third row, it should be 1 oak wood in the middle box. This is considered Minecraft crafting recipe for a smoker.
Now that all the crafting areas are filled with the correct pattern, the smoker will appear in the box visible to the right.
- Move the smoker to the inventory: Now that your crafted smoker is ready and now you will need to move the new item to your respected 3inventory. This is the process to make a smoker in Minecraft.
Things to Do with Smokers
Here are some activities that you can do with smokers in Minecraft:
Other Furnace Items
You can make other furnace items in Minecraft such as:
• How to make a Furnace
• How to make a Blast Furnace