This Minecraft tutorial will explain you about how to craft a diamond via step-by-step instructions as follows. But prior let us know what “Diamond” mean in Minecraft. Diamond, an item that you normally would come across and gather in games generally for which crafting table along with furnace is requisite.
Let us explore on how to make a diamond in Minecraft.
SUPPORTED PLATFORMS: Platform Supported (Version*)
- Java Edition (PC/Mac) Yes
- Pocket Edition (PE) Yes (1.0)
- Xbox 360 Yes
- Xbox One Yes
- PS3 Yes
- PS4 Yes
- Wii U Yes
- Nintendo Switch Yes
- Windows 10 Edition Yes (1.0)
- Education Edition Yes (1.0)
* The version that was added or removed, if applicable.
NOTE: pocketbook (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition. We will still show them individually for version history
Where To Find A Diamond in Creative Mode?
Minecraft java edition (PC/MAC): Here is where you can find a diamond in the creative inventory menu.
PLATFORM VERSION CREATIVE MENU LOCATION
Java edition (PC/Mac) 1.8-1.11 Materials
Java edition (PC/Mac) 1.12-1.16 Miscellaneous
How to Mine a Diamond in Survival Mode?
Find a block of Diamond Ore: First, let’s reconnoiter the place where the diamond ore could be found. Where In Minecraft, it is hard to find and could only be found in large deposits which usually appears between 13 and 31 blocks below the ground.
Tips: try looking for diamond at y coordinate=12.
- Hold a Diamond or Pickaxe: To mine for diamonds here you will need to dig up the diamond ore with a diamond pickaxe or iron pickaxe for the mining process to get Diamond. Here no other tools will not dig up the diamond ore unlike pickaxe to dig up the diamond ore.
- Mine the Diamond ore: To mine the diamond ore, it depends utterly on the version of Minecraft for the game control:
- Java Edition (PC/Mac) – left click and hold on the block of diamond ore.
- Pocket Edition (PE) -you tap and hold on the block of diamond ore.
- Xbox 360 and Xbox – press and hold the RT button on the Xbox controller.
- PS3 and PS4 -press and hold the R2 button on the PS controller.
- Wii U -press and hold the ZR button on the game pad.
- Nintendo Switch -On the controller press and hold the ZR button.
- Windows 10 Edition -hold on to the block of diamond ore and left click.
Education Edition -hold on the block of diamond ore and left click. You will have to continue digging until the block breaks and a diamond finally appears. The diamond will float on the ground.
- PICK UP THE DIAMOND: Remember to pick up the diamond before it disappears and would display in your hot bar once picked. Diamonds being useful items should be kept in your inventory to be used later.
How to Craft A Diamond in Survival Mode?
- Open the crafting Menu: Get your 3×3 crafting grid ready once you open your crafting table.
- Add items to make a Diamond in minecraft: In crafting menu, there appears a crafting area of a 3×3 crafting grid. To create a diamond you will need to place 1 diamond block in the 3×3 crafting grid make it sure to place in the exact pattern as the image given. There should be 1 diamond block in the first box of the first row to make diamond in Minecraft.
- Move the Diamond to Inventory: Now you will need to move the new items to your inventory once you have crafted the Diamond. Hence you will get your diamonds ready in Minecraft!
How To Smelt A Diamond in Survival Mode?
- Open the furnace Menu: To get your Furnace menu, firstly open your furnace in step to make a Diamond in Minecraft.
- Add fuel to the furnace: In the next step, you will need to add fuel to the bottom fuel box in the furnace where coal will be used here as a fuel. To make a diamond in Minecraft.
- Add items to make a Diamond in Minecraft: Now next, the diamond ore to be placed in the top box of the furnace where you would see the flames smelting the diamond ore. Once the diamond is smelted, it would appear in the box to the right in process to make a Diamond in Minecraft.
- Move the Diamond to Inventory: Once the Diamond is crafted in your furnace, you can now opt to choose to move the new item to your inventory. This is the last step to make a Diamond in Minecraft.