In Minecraft, nether quartz is an item that you simply can’t make with a crafting table or furnace. Instead, you would like to seek out and gather this item within the game. Let’s explore the way to add nether quartz to your inventory to make nether quartz in Minecraft.
Nether Quartz in Minecraft Supported Platforms
Nether quartz is out there within the following versions of Minecraft:
Platform Supported Version*
Pocket Edition (PE) Yes (0.6.0)
Xbox 360 Yes
Xbox One Yes
Wii U Yes
Nintendo Switch Yes
Windows 10 Edition Yes
Education Edition Yes
* The version that it had been added or removed, if applicable.
NOTE: pocketbook (PE), Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10 Edition are now called Bedrock Edition.We’ll still show them individually for version history.
Where to Seek Out Nether Quartz in Creative Mode?
Here you will find nether quartz within the Creative Inventory menu to make nether quartz in Minrcraft:
Platform Version(s) Creative Menu Location
Java Edition (PC/Mac) 1.8 – 1.11 Java Edition (PC/Mac) 1.12 – 1.16
How to Gain Access to Nether Quartz in Survival Mode?
Nether quartz can be added to your inventory in Survival mode by mining nether quartz ore. So, let’s get started!
- Find a Block of Nether Quartz Ore:
First, you would like to seek out a block of nether quartz ore to obtain. You’ll find nether quartz ore within the Nether. Nether quartz ore is straightforward to identify because it’ll appear as a gaggle of lighter colored blocks.
TIP: If you’re having trouble seeing within the Nether, try drinking a Potion of night-sight.
- Hold a Pickaxe:
To mine for nether quartz, you would like to obtain the nether quartz ore with a pickaxe. These are the pickaxes you’ll choose from to make nether quartz in Minecraft:
- Diamond pickaxe
- Golden pickaxe
- Iron pickaxe
- Stone pickaxe
- Wooden pickaxe
- Netherite pickaxe
If you are trying to obtain the nether quartz ore together with your hand or other tool (that isn’t a pickaxe), the smaller nether quartz won’t appear and float on the bottom. And you’ll not be ready to add the nether quartz to your inventory. In this example, we are getting to use a diamond pickaxe to obtain the nether quartz ore.
- Mine the Nether Quartz Ore:
Game controls to mine the nether quartz ore depends on the version of Minecraft:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), tap left mouse button and hold on the nether quartz ore.
- For pocketbook (PE), you tap and hold on the nether quartz ore.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, press and hold the RT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, press and hold the R2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, press and hold the ZR button on the game pad.
- For Nintendo Switch, tap hold the ZR button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, tap hold on the nether quartz ore.
- For Education Edition, tap hold on the nether quartz ore.
You still have to dig until the block breaks and neither quartz finally appears. The nether quartz will float on the bottom in order to make nether quartz in Minecraft.
- Devour the Nether Quartz:
- Make sure you choose up the nether quartz before it disappears.
- Once you choose up the nether quartz, it’ll appear in your hotbar.
- Nether Quartz may be a very useful item and will be kept in your inventory to be used later.
In Minecraft, nether quartz has the subsequent Name, ID and DataValue:
Nether Quartz in Minecraft Description
(Minecraft ID Name) ID Data Value Version
(minecraft:quartz) 406 0 1.8 – 1.12
(minecraft:quartz) 406 1.13 – 1.16
See an entire list of Minecraft IDs that’s interactive and searchable.
Give Command for Nether Quartz
Give Command in Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac): In Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac) 1.13, 1.14, 1.15 and 1.16, the /give command for Nether Quartz is: /give @p quartz 1
In Minecraft Java Edition (PC/Mac) 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12, the /give command for Nether Quartz is: /give @p quartz 1 0